donderdag 30 december 2010

BOSTON ROCK / K-TOWN HC

While we're at this time of the year, it's perfect to catch up with some 1990 memories. With Rise Above we where definitely influenced by the old Boston hardcore scene.
We even named our 2nd 7" 'B is for Boston'. SSD have been one of the top bands that has influenced many Straight Edge bands around the globe, at least to me personally they had the hardest message and played that raging fast hardcore..one hell of a combination.

Back on topic now, last week I received the 'Boston Rock Christmas' LP, this one has been on my personal want-list for the last 15 years or so...I picked it up through e-bay, the person who sold it to me played in Del Fuegos and sold it for a very nice low price.
The Real reason why I had to get it was because of the X-Mas song that SSD brought on this compl, and that same song we did on our own 7" many many years ago.
The recording session itself was hilarious, we added some of our own dialect instead of singing the exact words, because the words of Springa (ssd) where so damn hard to understand and to translate. My own dad came to the studio to take some pic's and ended up joining in on doing backing-vocals. We did some slints of DYS stuff and had a song entitled 'favorite band' which was basically a sum-up of the 4 SSD album titles as the singing line.
Good memories and that 12" made me a happy puppy when I received it last week.
For those interested, the original SSD X mas track is on their 'power' discography compilation.
Happy XXX mas and a great 2011!!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten